SOSO ADAE, L3C is a digital new media publishing initiative to end anti-Blackness in our time by using African dramatic form (ADF) as a lens for story development and the understanding of fiction as “root” to all things healing and meaningful.
We Realize the Unpublished and Unpublishable Story
The word “soso adae” comes from Akan-Twi and means “to dream.” We use audio documentary, reportage, invention, and community to open the narrative of “story” and the range of human possibility.
Black women, for example, are the most educated group in the nation; they have the highest percentage, of any group, enrolled in college; they are the fastest growing group of entrepreneurs in the country; but they don’t get funded. Women CEOs get on average only 2.7% of all venture funding, and women of color get virtually none – .2%. So women are being shut out of ‘the world of starting companies’ in the first place.” – Joelle Emerson, CEO, Paradigm (min 10:16)
SOSO ADAE, L3C is a for-profit charitable hybrid. We are taking literary diversity and the fight against anti-Blackness out of primarily “charitable” and “academic” imagination and making it a viable and sustainable part of our economy. Being an “L3C” makes it easy for us to align ourselves with funders who share our social mission.
Top 5 Reasons your business story needs SOSOADAE in its life:
- Prime Placement: Have a stake in our success! As an early supporter, you will get prime pre-roll and mid-roll placement on the SOSOADAE podcast.
- Disrupt Racism: Position your brand as an ally against anti-Blackness and disrupt rooted legacies of economic racism.
- Open Up: Open your product or service up to a growing and influential demo of educated and tech savvy Afro-punks, Blerds, and Afro-futurists. We’re out here.
- Open the human narrative: We give women (and men) from misrepresented communities the space to write and produce stories otherwise “unimaginable” due to legacy economic and creative gatekeepers.
- Low Risk: Let’s face it. Sponsoring us makes a bold statement for considerably low investment. We know, and we are happy to help (smile).