SOSO ADAE, L3C is a digital new media publisher of content that advances fiction literacy in order to expand human imagination. We use African dramatic form (ADF) as a lens for story development and the understanding of fiction as “root” to all things healing and meaningful.
SOSOADAE Recognizes, and Realizes, the Unpublishable Story
Black women, for example, are the most educated group in the nation; they have the highest percentage, of any group, enrolled in college; they are the fastest growing group of entrepreneurs in the country; but they don’t get funded. Women CEOs get on average only 2.7% of all venture funding, and women of color get virtually none – .2%. So women are being shut out of ‘the world of starting companies’ in the first place.” – Joelle Emerson, CEO, Paradigm (min 10:16)
The word “soso adae” comes from Akan-Twi and means “to dream.” We use audio journalism, invention, community, and traditional writing instruction to open the narrative of story and the range of human possibility. And because we have lived our lives challenging silence we GET what having a voice, representation, and diversity should look like.
SOSO ADAE, L3C is a for-profit charitable hybrid. We are taking literary diversity and the fight against anti-Blackness out of primarily “charitable” and “academic” imagination and making it a viable and sustainable part of our economy. Being an “L3C” makes it easy for us to align ourselves with funders who share our social mission.
Top 5 Reasons your brand needs SOSOADAE in its life:
- Prime Placement: Have a stake in our success! As an early supporter, you will get prime pre-roll and mid-roll placement on the SOSOADAE podcast.
- Disrupt Racism: Position your brand as an ally against anti-Blackness and disrupt rooted legacies of economic racism.
- Open Up: Open your product or service up to a growing and influential demo of educated and tech savvy Afro-punks, Blerds, and Afro-futurists. We’re out here.
- Open the human narrative: We give women (and men) from misrepresented communities the space to write and produce stories otherwise “unimaginable” due to legacy economic and creative gatekeepers.
- Low Risk: Let’s face it. Sponsoring us makes a bold statement for considerably low investment. We know, and we are happy to help (smile).
Let us take you into the dark.